This Blog is a companion to my author's Blog and my writing practice Blog. As a writer I try to read regular to improve my own writing and learn. You can learn a great deal about me from what I read and what I think about what I read. If you wish to purchase one of this books please use the link provided. At that point if you are looking for the book in a different format or price point you can search it there. I will still get credit. Please don't use the links Facebook piggybacks onto my posts there. I receive no compensation from them. You can also click on the Pico's Book Shop ad to access Amazon and search for any book you like.

Monday 19 January 2015

Wheezer and the Painted Frog



By Kitty Sutton

5 Stars
Historical Fiction
Teen to Adult

I had the pleasure of stumbling across this book on Writing.com while it was still a work in progress. Kitty says my reviews were helpful in pushing her onward. She worked hard on this book and the results speak for themselves. What follows is an official review I submitted on a couple of websites. 

A historical novel that delivers on all levels. In her first novel Kitty Sutton pulls her readers into the camps following The Trail of Tears, a sad chapter in American history, and makes you feel right along with her characters. Her research is obvious from the start. As you follow Wheezer and Sasa in search Usti Yansa's killer you will learn about Cherokee culture and history almost without realizing it. This book is well written and even without the history lesson the story itself will keep you interested and will bring you to a satisfying end. I would recommend this book for anyone.

This is an interview with the author. Thanks to David Cleinman who conducted the interview on blogtalkradio. Someday it will be my turn.


Here is a link where you can get this book:


No comments:

Post a Comment