This Blog is a companion to my author's Blog and my writing practice Blog. As a writer I try to read regular to improve my own writing and learn. You can learn a great deal about me from what I read and what I think about what I read. If you wish to purchase one of this books please use the link provided. At that point if you are looking for the book in a different format or price point you can search it there. I will still get credit. Please don't use the links Facebook piggybacks onto my posts there. I receive no compensation from them. You can also click on the Pico's Book Shop ad to access Amazon and search for any book you like.

Friday 30 January 2015

Artemis Fowl - The Opal Deception


By Eoin Colfer
5 Stars
Fantasy
Teen

Just continuing a complete review of all the books my son Sheldon has in his library from this particular series. He has the first five and this is the fourth in the series. I have read the first six but we have no copy of the sixth in the series – yet.

Artemis Fowl starts this story off without any of his fairy memories. He agreed in exchange for help from the fairies to have them all scrubbed from his mind so he would no longer be a threat to their underground existence. He of course has reverted to his criminal behaviour something he appeared to be progressing out of in the last book. He and Butler are on their way to steal a painting. Holly Short, Foaly and Commander Root have to deal with an escaped convict. Their retrieval effort goes awry with Commander Root being killed on an explosion blamed on Holly.

Opal Koboi the pixie genius villianess of The Arctic Incident made an impossible escape and is plotting revenge on all those who defeated her then, including the unaware Artemis and Butler. Our heroes including Mulch Diggums who has to escape from a prison submarine have their hands full.

The book is written in the same humorous style as the preceding books and is an enjoyable adventure. It's no secret that I'm a fan. Still I think it is deserving of the five star rating.



No comments:

Post a Comment